Clearing Up the Confusion About Root Canals
It pains us to hear this common concern from clients when discussing root canals: “but I hear they’re really painful.” Not true!
The reality is that the root canal treatment, done properly, should be almost always a pain free experience and is no more uncomfortable than having a filling placed. Let’s go over the process here.
How Does a Root Canal Work?
Root canal treatment, or endodontic treatment, is used when tooth pulp and/or nerves become infected or damaged. How does this happen? From traumatic injury or deep decay. If not treated, it may lead to the tooth dying thus calling for an extraction.
- We identify a tooth with damaged roots
- We remove the infected & injured tissue
- We gently cleanse the tooth
- We fill it with medicated material
- We cap the tooth with a crown